Phonics is a branch of linguistics where the sounds and physical properties of human speech sounds are studied. Phonics reading is highly essential in every child education. It is not uncommon to find parents who question the importance of phonics reading in the education of their children. Such parents believe that children will naturally master the different sounds of human speech since the ability to use language is innate in every human being. Their view may look plausible but they are not actually correct.
Indeed, phonics reading is very important in the education of children. Phonics reading is very important in helping children to learn how to spell words. It will be impossible for a person to spell any word correctly if the person is not able to recognize the sounds of the letters used in forming the words. When a child is taught phonics, the child will be able to recognize sounds in words and will be able to spell them correctly.
Children have problem in reading because they are not able to recognize the sounds of the letters of the alphabet in the words they read.
Phonics reading will help children to recognize and associate sounds of the letters of the alphabet in the word they read. This will help them to improve in their reading skills and efficiency.
Highlights of Phonics at edukidz international
- Phonics reading will help to increase a child’s fluency in reading. Fluency in this context is not limited to reading fast. It also means reading text accurately. When a child is taught phonics properly, the child will find reading easy. The child will not only read accurately but also quickly. Reading quick and correctly is another benefit of phonics reading.
- Phonics reading is also necessary for the improvement of a child’s reading comprehension.
- When a child learns how to pronounce a word very well, the child will be able to comprehend what he or she reads.
- Phonics reading will also help a child in acquiring more vocabulary on daily basis.
- When a child is able to pronounce a word correctly, the child will be able to understand the word.
- Children normally use in their words that they understand in their daily speech.
- Children develop more confidence in themselves before they begin to vocalize more.